The Apartments at 6 Old Firehouse Lane
Note: Both apartments at 6 Old Firehouse Lane are currently filled. If you would like to be informed of future availabilities, we encourage you to contact our office at email@example.com or 207-276-0555.
Mount Desert 365 is accepting rental applications on a rolling basis for two second-floor walkup residential units. These units are located in Northeast Harbor at 6 Old Firehouse Lane, which houses both the Maine Seacoast Mission and Mount Desert 365 headquarters. Access to the apartments is provided through the West entrance.
Constructed in 2020, these spaces have been thoughtfully designed and built to be energy efficient. Each unit is 985 sq feet with two bedrooms and one bathroom. The building utilizes environmentally friendly heat pumps for its electric heat and hot water. Click on the floorplan below to expand:
The units are equipped with fire suppression systems and outfitted with new appliances including washer and dryer, side-by-side refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and electric range. Unit #1 (West) has a walk-in shower and a side-by-side washer/dryer, while Unit #2 (East) has a step-in tub and a stacked washer/dryer. Both feature an open-concept kitchen, dining and living areas, large windows, and French doors with the safety of ‘Juliette’ balconies. Free WiFi is provided, as are on-site parking and trash removal. Some basement storage is available.
Rent is $1250 per month. A year lease agreement is required and the first month’s rent, along with a security deposit of $1000, is due at lease signing. Tenant is responsible for all utilities. No pets or smoking are allowed on the premises.
Mount Desert 365 is dedicated to promoting and expanding the year-round residential community and a sustainable economy in Mount Desert. As such, we have defined a set of criteria and a screening process to determine applicant eligibility. These processes have been put in place to ensure that the units serve to expand Northeast Harbor's inventory of affordable year-round rental housing and increase the local population.
We require that all applicants:
- Agree that the property will be their primary residence, to be lived in year-round
- Agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth in the lease agreement
- Agree to abide by the minimum and maximum occupancy requirements of 2 - 4 people as defined by Mount Desert 365 for a 2-bedroom unit.
- Document that their total household income falls within an approved range. This range is in place to ensure monthly rent does not exceed 30% of a tenant’s gross income and that our affordable housing opportunities benefit households earning less than 160% the 2020 Maine area median household income (MFI) for a family of four. These guidelines are as follows:
- Low = $50,000 / High = $107,240 (household of 2), $114,900 (household of 3), $122,560 (household of 4).
- Acknowledge and agree that as a final step in the review process for otherwise eligible applicants, ultimate selection will depend upon investigation and confirmation of the following screening:
- Employment and Income
- Landlord reference(s) for the past five years
- Satisfactory credit history, as documented in a recent credit report. The report will be requested after the initial application has been accepted, and must be dated within 30 days of the notification of acceptance. Free credit reports are provided through Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion.
- Acceptable Criminal Background Check. Mount Desert 365 will not consider applicants with convictions for crimes including:
- Sex crimes
- Violent crimes
- Manufacturing and/or dealing of illegal drugs
All applications will be initially screened to confirm basic criteria. If those criteria are met, they will be reviewed further according to the following tiers:
- Tier One: Number of people in a household - To ensure that these affordable units represent the greatest increase to Northeast Harbor’s population, if two or more parties are interested in a single property at the same time, the household with the greater number of people will be selected. If there are multiple applicants with the same number of people in the household, then the next level of criteria will be used, employing a point system based on current occupation. The household with the greater number of points will be selected.
- Tier Two: Occupation - Points will be awarded to those applicants/co-applicants employed in positions that address essential needs of our local community (such as public safety occupations) and/or contribute to essential community infrastructure (such as public service occupations). If applicable, points will be calculated and the applicant with the most points will be selected. Final applicants will attend an in-person interview and walk-through of the apartment, at which time they will be asked to supply a recent credit report.